Saturday 12 September 2009

'Rock N Roll Nerd'

Tim Minchin.

(L)

October 30th he's going to Southampton Guildhall,
And We're gonna go see him!!

Except one of us doesn't know yet, due to her being away and I can't get in touch with her!

It Shall Rockkk!!!! I love him ;) I thought I'd do a blog to celebrate the genius of Minchin.

If you havn't heard of him...Well you should of! Go Youtube him Right Now, for he is awesome beyond comprehension.

Also he has sexy blue eyes and an amazing Australian accent (See a theme here, Trash McSweeney, Tim Minchin... LOL) Although apparntly, his eyes arn't really blue, there's a video on youtube called 'Tim Minchin OCD' and it's like 'you know when you've got Tim Minchin OCD when...' And one of the things it says is 'you know the colour his eyes *really* are!' So, naturally, I googled it...I just found other people asking what colour his eyes were tbh. I then looked through every single lyric of his I could find! (I HAD to find out this, it was starting to annoy me) I found it, eventually, the line that mentions contact lenses, it was in So Fucking Rock (which was the second to last song I was gonna look for lyrics in ¬_¬) The line is
'And I worked very hard for a rock n roll face
I’ve got the kooky contact lenses and the girly mascara'

And I was thinking, Kooky... Does that necessarily mean that they're coloured lenses? Kooky means crazy, and stuff like that, it does point towards them being coloured, but maybe he just wrote it to fit in with the tune? tbh, I hope they're not fake. 'cause his eyes are beautiful and they'd be even better if they were real!

(They are fake...I did more googling, he wears makeup and contacts to make his eyes stand out more, cause his hands are always occupied, playing piano, that general idea...Still, I reckon they're naturally a dull blue and he's just got brighter blue contacts...Just my idea, I'm probably totally wrong tbh...)

So yeah, he's amazing in general, We're row E in the stalls, which is amazing seats I feel, for booking so late! My dad doesn't agree with him so much, due to his 'slightly offensive song'(in his words) 'If You Open Your Mind Too Much Your Brain Will Fall Out (Take My Wife)' Ok, it is an athiest song,
'And if anyone can show me just one example in the history of the world of a single
Spiritual or religious person who has been able to prove either logically or empirically the existence of a higher power that has any consciousness or interest in the human race or ability to punish or reward humans for there moral choices or that there is any reason - other than fear - to believe in any version of an afterlife
I’ll give you my piano, one of my legs, and my wife'

But tbh, I'll try and prove him wrong for his piano and leg :P

On that note, Will anyone by me a grand piano? I feel I deserve one, for generally being amazing...any offers?

Shame...

I shall leave you with this...

This is my brain
And I live in it
It’s made of love
And bad song lyrics
It’s tucked away behind my eyes
Where all my screwed up thoughts can hide
Cos God forbid I hurt somebody
And the weirdest thing about a mind
Is that every answer that you find
Is the basis of a brand new cliché

x

No comments:

Post a Comment