Saturday 4 July 2009

'Your Death Could Not Kill My Love For You'


Humphrey Lyddleton. Ok, I may not have loved him specifically, but who didn't have a little bit of love for him inside really!

It makes me sad most people don't care he's dead, most people I know didn't even know he existed in the first place! I'm only mentioning him atm 'cause I have tickets to see I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue in September, guest chairman - Jack Dee. I thought I would take this opportunity to teach a small part of the world ( about the 3 people who may or may not read this!) about him, and how Genius his life actually was.
1) He was related to a man who was the first person to represent England for both Cricket and Football
2)He went to Eton - he either had money or brains! Turns out both, lucky man! ;)
3)He had an undying passion for Jazz( Ok, this may be explained in a later bog, but I hate jazz personally, but it's still one of the most influential and classic forms of music in our lives today, everything's related to Jazz somehow)
4) He managed to teach himself Trumpet!
5)He served in WWII and did one operation, with a pistol in one hand and his trumpet in the other.
6)He went to art college after the war and became a cartoonist for the Daily Mail(the daily mails not the good part of that!)
7) In the 40s and 50s he was prominent in the revival of Jazz
8) He helped Radiohead make specifically one of their songs as possibly good as it can be ( sadly being Radiohead, this was very difficult XD)
9) He also played clarinet, and had his own band!
10) in 1972 he became chairman to ISIHAC, the longest running comedy radio show.
11) He was the president of The Society Of Italic Handwriting!(If you weren't impressed before hand I'm sure you are now!
12) He carried on doing the touring show of ISIHAC as long as he possibly could, while being ill, he did all but the last show!
13) Sadly he died on the 25th of April 2008, at the Grand old age of 86, but he was surrounded by family and it was all peaceful, which is as nice as Death could be tbh :)


Tbh,
ISIHAC will never be the same again!

Still a Genius program though. I thought I'd just share his life with you.


'Come On Fallen Star I Refuse To Let You Die'

x

No comments:

Post a Comment