Wednesday 27 January 2010

Here's A Letter For You

Dear Newspaper
I would like to share with you all my complete shock in the calmness of the population considering the circumstances. Russell Howard (a good man) tells me that people are disgusted by lack of rubbish collections. Looking at the world it is easy to believe a good man. It is much easier to believe a good man, than a bad man.

Yesterday I watched in terror, as everything in the world began to break apart. The sky ripped in two like paper, continued to fracture showing more crevices. Behind it I thought I saw Hell. This froze me inside. Isn’t it funny, Hell is so hot, but I have never felt so cold as they day the sky died. I looked around and watched life get pulled apart around me. Every atom of every thing was disintegrating, breaking, dissolving. Houses seemed to shatter, like ornaments dropped from mantel pieces. It happened so fast. Everything accelerated, small sections of beauty flying through the air like electric impulses. The world blurred as it was torn apart. Trees. I remember the trees. So tall and majestic, they swirled then demolished right in front of my eyes. They didn't even leave dust, just space and Hell and it was closing in on me, suffocating me, squeezing me so tight I thought my ribs would snap, my skull would crunch and mutilate my brain, leave me the way everything else was and I was scared. Waves of water, washed over the destruction, cleansing it of everything that was once good. Gravity was lost in the trauma, the water flowed in every direction, drowning anything that was left. The water screamed, it almost laughed as it watched the earth powerlessly falling. Then for a moment everything was red. A red so intense I could taste it, smell it. So agonizingly bright it burnt not my skin, for I was no longer with body. It burnt my mind. My world which I loved, the extinguishing of my planet, the carnage and the murder.

Today I looked around, and there was no evidence that this even happened. Does no one care that the world ended?
X

No comments:

Post a Comment