Monday 14 March 2011

They say that I’m insane, but darling they’re blind, if I’m crazy I’m crazy for you.

I'm rather into a band called The Dawn Chorus at the moment.
A friend introduced me to them, apparently his old English teacher is the drummer or something. They're a Portsmouth local band anyhow, and if you like Frank Turner I'd say there's no reason why you shouldn't like them.

This is my favourite song at the moment, and the first song I've heard of theirs; my friend gave me a headphone and told me to 'listen to the best song in existence' and I did. I need to get their old album/s at some point, but for now I'm sticking with The Carnival Leaves Town which is essentially a concept album all about a carnival. Clever. Yeah.
Anyway, as the description on youtube says, it's about the composer Schumann - one of my favourites actually - and his essentially tragic life and love. The singer's voice holds the emotion of the song really well and has a few times when I've been a bit hormonal, brought a tear to my eye. :L

Oh and Frank Turner actually features in a couple of the songs, The Guilt and another one I cannae remember the name of at the point in time. (I've just realised I've typed 'cannae', that's odd...I'm going to leave it in for effect though)
So, go check them out and love them as I do.
They deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment